Working on a redesign for your website? HGTC’s revamped webpages needed additional TLC after running through OmniUpdate’s migration script. For this project, I created new snippets, added updates for accessibility and SEO improvements, corrected broken links and fixed legacy content to look great on mobile.
Sometimes redesigns need to happen fast! If your web team is small or needs a helping hand in preparing your website ready for its big unveil, consider contacting me for information on how I can help!
I contributed in the following ways:
- Reviewed web templates and suggested critical updates–Added missing or incomplete meta tags; implemented improvements for SEO including restructuring header tags; added the school name to page titles; created hover animations and/or colors for better usability; and more.
- Modified styles for responsive design–Updated the design of the homepage carousel to look consistent on all devices; modified content styles as necessary; and created new classes as needed to assist with the design.
- Updated .tmpl (template) files to be more useful to end-user–Changed default settings to remove unused content; added pieces that users would often be adding back in; suggested improvements for templates; and updated existing pages using Find/Replace for template options.
- Cross-checked and re-purposed content from previous website–Thoroughly checked, updated and/or documented any discrepancies between the migrated and previous content; added in new content and links as necessary; and sent daily review e-mails for status of web migration.
- Ran reports–Corrected broken links and fixed file permissions as necessary.
Thanks to Missy for sharing the following client testimonial–what an honor it was to work with her!
“You did a fabulous job, and were a real pleasure to work with. We were totally on the same page, and I would definitely consider using you again!”
Missy Monolo, Horry Georgetown Technical College
Are you thinking of updating your website or need temporary assistance with a large update to your domain? Contact me with your web goals and learn how I can assist in improving your web presence!